Monday, March 30, 2009

Einstein Lip Therapy Hydrating Pot


These always catch my eye whenever I go to CVS and I always tell myself, "I'll get one next time" but I never do. So when I dropped into CVS today and saw them staring at me from the counter I said to myself, "Today is THE day!" Unfortunately, I then spent the next 5 minutes trying to figure out what the difference is between the 2 that are available and which one I wanted.
There is a red pot and a pink pot. At first glance, the only difference about them is the color of the cap. But if you look closer, there is small captioning on the cap that gives a minimal description of the use for each. The pink one says it's for hydration and the red one says it's for cooling relief. I chose the pink one becuase I wanted something to condition my lips and I figured the red one is probably similar to typical cooling lip balms.

The pink one is the Einstein Lip Therapy Hydrating Lip Cream $6. It contains Vitamins A, C, and E to restore moisture to reveal softer, smoother, more supple lips. The consistency of this is more like a lotion and it has yellow vitamin C beads to exfoliate your lips. As you smooth this on, the beads dissolve and make the cream feel thicker. It has a menthol smell to it and it also has a bit of a cool feel when applied. Kinda feels like a very extremely gentle lip plumper. There's no numbing or stinging feeling but there is a "filling" sensation.



The Verdict

One of the cutest lip product packaging I've seen and what attracted me to them in the first place. I have to say I'm not happy with the amount that you get (only a measly 4.5 grams). It may depend on the surface area that you need to cover but amazingly a little bit goes a long way. When I apply this I literally touch only the very tip of my ring finger into the pot. I don't have to "dip/scoop in". My lips aren't very big so I think I can make this last at least 3-4 weeks with daily use (applying every night).

I really like how this feels when I smooth it on. It thickens a bit as it's rubbed in and then gets absorbed into all the little crevices. I would definitely re-purchase this product along with the red one just to see how they work together.

7 comments:

~Mel said...

hmm.. does the balm have petrolatum as an ingredient? if not, i may be tempted to try it out as well.. looks so creamy and smooth. well although i don't want it to plump my lips.. they're already bigger than i like them to be.. haha.

Didi said...

Mel - I'm so jealous! I want luscious full lips! I could not find the ingredients online but it does not feel like petroleum. It's very lotion-like in consistency.

Also, I should probably clarify about the plumping. It doesn't really "plump" at all. I think I should have said it fills in lip wrinkles.

Didi said...

OK I finally found this Ingredient list up on Amazon.com! So there is NO petrolatum in this. I also included the ingredients in petroleum jelly below.

Ingredients in Einstien Hydrating Lip Cream:
Aqua (Deionized Water), Pafaffinum Liquid (Mineral Oil), Hydrogenated Polysobutene, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Tocopherol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Menthol, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Phenoxyethonal/Methylparben, Polyethylene, Pantherol, Tetinyl Palmitate, PEG-8, Tocopheral, Ascorbyl Palitate, Asorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Perfume (Fragrance), May Contain- C1 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 19140:1 (FD & C Yellow No. 5 Aluminum Lake).

Ingredients in Petroleum jelly:
Active Ingredients: Petrolatum. Other Ingredients: Water, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Myreth-3 Myristate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate Ceteareth-20, Carbomer, Tea, Ethylene Brassylate, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

Anonymous said...

i want one now but i've never seen them at my cvs

Didi said...

Anonymous - A blogger (Jen from www.abeautyfulsentiment.com) I follow religiously also said she wasn't able to find them at any CVS in NJ. I know this product's been out there for a year or two.

I'm in Dallas, TX and so far I've had luck spotting them at CVS. I'm worried if CVS is no longer re-stocking them once they're sold out. Maybe I should run out and stock up myself before it's too late.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the review. I've never seen them at my CVS either.

My absolute fave lip plumper is this one: http://www.salonhive.com/cushy-lips.html

I love how it works so well while being so gentle to my lips.

Didi said...

Hi Jenna Marquez - Ok I paid really close attention when I went to CVS the last few times and it was located against a wall under a banner titled "Complexion Care".

I will have to give the plumper you suggest a try! Does it sting at all? I worry about stinging. I tried the Clinique one once and it was too strong for me. Clinique and I just don't get along and I always react badly to their products.