Sunday, December 6, 2009

Shu Uemura Tsumori Chisato Rouge Unlimited $25 Review & Swatches


"Rouge Unlimited lipstick in a limited edition shade of Jupiter Brown and encased within Tsumori Chisato's exclusive "Lucky Cat" packaging design." ~from Shu Uemura's website


This special holiday packaging is for the Limited Edition shade Juniper Brown. The color is a nude rose with a gold sheen to it. The gold is from teeny tiny gold glitter. Look below for to see swatches!

Swatches



Here's my natural lip color.


With the rouge applied. Can you see the tiny gold glitter?

Product Packaging
How cute are the box and the lipstick? I love the whimsical doodles of this packaging. The lipstick case is made from a high grade plastic and seems really durable.

And check this out....

You can re-use the case with other Rouge Unlimited lipsticks! Alls you gotta do is pop out the lipstick from the base and voila!

Even though the packaging is so cute, I probably would've resisted this purchase because I've got lipsticks and lip glosses to last me a couple of lifetimes. But the fact that you can re-use the case over and over again was enough to convince me to get it.

The Verdict: A-
The lipstick glides on very smoothly and it doesn't dry out my lips at all. I do however feel the glitter if I rub my lips together.


Another thing I liked is how the lipstick fits perfectly in the Dior lipstick case from Saks! That's right - I am not ashamed to mix my labels. I love this because if I'm going to be re-using this case, I really do NOT want the design to rub off from getting shuffled around my makeup bag.

0 comments: